ESSEX, HERTS, AND SUFFOLK
Education Resources Service
Our Education Resources Service offers your school or academy a cost-effective, flexible way to raise standards. We provide your teaching staff with access to the specialist books and resources they need to deliver the curriculum effectively, support wider reading and develop a learner-centred community.
Find out what we can do for you and your school today!
We are passionate about helping educational establishments to engage young learners with literacy and encouraging them to develop a lifelong love of reading. Our school library books are selected based on their engaging, educational content, and combined with our artefacts they can bring learning to life.
With our enthusiasm, passion and knowledge of children’s books, we can give your school or academy excellent support across the whole curriculum.
Education Resources Subscriptions
We offer a range of subscription bundles designed to meet the individual needs of your school and learners. By subscribing you’ll gain access to our diverse and broad collection of age-appropriate curriculum and reading for pleasure books and other learning resources. Alongside resources, receive expert support on all aspects of book collection development and primary school library management from our librarians. Our most comprehensive bundle includes access to the Juniper Book Awards, a library management system and eBooks.
Our Resources and Services include:
Take a look at all our resources in our online catalogue.
It’s now even easier to request your termly loans and book exchanges with our online catalogue.
Simply register here to receive your log-in details and get started.
Book Exchange Service
A long-term loan of high-quality, age-appropriate books.
Our exchange system allows you to refresh your library or book corners by swapping an agreed amount of stock each year, making our books a fantastic, cost-effective, renewable resource.
- Titles in our Exchange Collection are selected by experienced librarians to reflect the best in current children’s literature, helping you to provide a broad, diverse and inclusive reading for pleasure collection in school.
- Select books directly from our catalogue (you will need to register first), by visiting our resource centre, or, if you prefer, we can choose books for you to save you time.
- Books come shelf-ready and serviced, with classification numbers, plastic jackets on paperbacks and fiction-category labels to help you and your pupils choose age-appropriate titles.
- Accelerated Reader levelled books are also available via the Exchange Service
Termly Topic And Fiction Loan Boxes
Packed with resources to support teaching and learning in schools, our termly loan boxes have everything you need to dig deeper into curriculum topics or explore reading for pleasure.
Topic Loan Boxes
Topic loan boxes contain 20 non-fiction (and sometime fiction) books hand-picked by our expert school librarians. They are completely bespoke and selected to support your curriculum.
Fiction Loan Boxes
Promote reading for pleasure and support English and the broader curriculum with our fiction loan boxes. These fantastic learning aids contain 20 hand-picked fiction books, poetry and playsets.
Check the catalogue to see what fiction and topic boxes are available or let us know what you need.
Class Sets and playscript sets
We have a large and growing collection of class sets. Sets usually contain 30 copies of the same title. We have some half class sets of 15 copies.
Check out our full list of class set loans here. All are subject to availability.
Artefact Loan Boxes
Bring the museum to your classroom, with our artefact loan box collections. Our artefact collection gives children of all ages and abilities the opportunity to see, touch and use objects from a period of history, a religion or a culture that is outside of their experience. We have over 300 boxes, covering 50 subjects including; recycling around the world, WW1, WW2, medieval history, the Romans, and much more.
The artefact service is designed for use by primary, special and secondary schools, as a stimulus for classroom discussion, research and creativity throughout the curriculum.
Story Sack Loan Boxes
Engage your KS1 pupils and help them to develop a love of reading, with our story sack loans which offer a multi-sensory approach to storytelling. Story sacks bring stories to life. Along with a picture book they include related non-fiction and a variety of interactive toys and games.
Ordering your resources
If your school already has a subscription and you’d like to place an order, simply visit our catalogue to select your resources then and place your order using one of the following methods:
- Via the catalogue (please register first if you haven’t already done so)
- By completing the order form online
- By downloading a copy of our request form and returning it to us at [email protected]
Please note, that we can accept requests at any time, but we’d recommend that you submit orders by the last day of the term. Boxes are collected in the final week of each term.
Schools without a subscription:
Please contact us at any time if you’d like to place an order and pay as you go or if you’d like to find out about the different subscriptions we offer.
Specialist Shopper Service
Our primary school bookshop is different. Rather than an online catalogue that can take time to browse and navigate, we have expert school librarians on hand to offer support and advice and do all the hard work for you.
Our experienced book specialists act as your personal shoppers, selecting quality, age-appropriate books to meet your specific requirements so buying the right books for your pupils couldn’t be easier
Here’s how it works:
1) Contact us with a brief description of any reading and book issues you’ve identified. You may be looking for resources to:
- Give children access to a more diverse collection in your library.
- Challenge more able readers with titles that are age-appropriate.
- Support reading across the curriculum.
- Improve the quality of KS1 story times.
- Encourage reading engagement in the classroom book corner.
We know your setting is unique so the list can be endless and we can help you with everything. Plus, if you already have a list of titles that you’d like, just send the details over to us and we’ll check availability and cost.
2) Let us know your budget. There are no upper or lower limits.
3) We’ll contact you to discuss all your requirements including any library processing.
4) We create a costed book list for you to approve before the order is placed. We can keep refining the list until you are happy.
Buying books from Juniper gives you:
- Discounted rates
- Access to experienced book specialists
- Recommendations and bespoke packs
- A choice of library servicing options including AR and Dewey classification labelling and plastic jackets
- Free delivery
Juniper Book Awards
Helping children love reading
As part of our commitment to helping children engage with reading we would like to invite you to take part in our Juniper Book Awards. The Awards are designed to improve literacy, facilitate debate and encourage reading for pleasure among pupils at Key Stage 3 and Upper Key Stage 2