Shared Parental Leave in Schools
November 29 | 11:00 AM (GMT)
For school business managers, headteachers, and school HR leads
Join us to learn tips and strategies to manage shared parental leaves in your school or MAT.
In this webinar, HR expert Chris Mack will delve into the complex but crucial topic of shared parental leave and how it works in schools.
We will cover:
- Shared parental leave (SPL) and its purpose
- The difference between maternity leave and shared parental leave
- How SPL works in the education sector for term-time-only contracts
- Common issues related to SPL in schools
- Complexities like continuous/discontinuous leave, entitlements, and obligations
- Guidelines and actions required for SPL cases in schools
- The legal implications that schools may encounter, such as gender-based discrimination claims.
Plus, there will be a live Q&A with our HR expert, so bring your burning questions around shared parental leave!
Shared Parental Leave Expert & HR Data Manager, Juniper Education
Chris is an experienced HR specialist with over 7 years of expertise, specialising in SCR, pre-employment checks, and shared parental leave. Chris manages Juniper's HR data and provides technical insights to offer accurate and efficient guidance to schools and trusts on critical issues like leaves, absences, and retention.