Firstly, there must still be time to wish all you readers a very Happy New Year!
There are several developments planned this month to enhance the EVOLVE system and support schools to achieve the good Health & Safety and Safeguarding within a system that supports proportionate risk management and planning based on the types of visit taking place.
Here are a few great ideas and New Year resolutions to keep you updated with your EVC role:
- Embed the DfE H&S on Educational Visits guidance Nov 2018 into your School Visits Policy, if you have not yet seen this – go to this link DfE Guidance
- Use the oeapng.info/ website for any advice or guidance for any visit issue?
- Record all your visits on EVOLVE or similar on-line system to ensure you hold a full record and audit of all the school’s Learning Outside the Classroom activity.
- Use the Kaddi website to view providers – with notification of status if LOTC Quality Badge and visit leader reviews.
- Consider the benefits for CPD for Senior Leaders, EVCs and Visit Leaders. For Essex schools, we will be hosting our first EVC conference at Chelmsford City Racecourse on 19th March 2020. Attendance will extend any current EVC with a 3 year’s renewal certificate from that date. Details on Essex EVOLVE or here
In my next article for Edition 8 of The Juniper Express, I will be highlighting specific developments in EVOLVE.