With schools about to break for Christmas and the additional workload that falls on both teachers and school support staff, these are our top finance tips to help you through the hectic but fun Christmas period!
- No alcohol – remember that you cannot buy alcohol for any purpose using your delegated budget or your school fund if you still have one!
- Christmas Gifts received or given – must be recorded on your gifts & hospitality register in line with your policy
- Christmas Events – any funds collected must be counted by two people and be banked intact
- Cash in the safe – do not leave any cash collected in the safe over the holidays. If you do, make sure it is properly recorded and falls below your safe limit for insurance
- Have fun! Make sure you have lots of rest and relaxation over the Christmas break, returning revitalised in 2020 ready for action