Larkrise Primary School, as part of the Eveleigh Link Academy Trust, is looking for additional members to join its Local Governing Body (LGB). We are seeking to appoint both Trust Governors and Parent Governors. The roles are voluntary and the appointment is for a four year term of office. The LGB has responsibility for day-to-day governance within the school. Its key responsibilities are:
- to ensure the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the Trust is implemented;
- to apply that vision, ethos and strategic direction for Larkrise school;
- to monitor and challenge the Headteacher on the educational and financial performance of the school.
The LGB is accountable to the Eveleigh Link Academy Trust Board of Trustees.
While there are no special qualifications needed, we are keen to complement the skills/experience of the rest of the LGB membership. We would particularly welcome applications from individuals with experience of any of the following:
- chairing a board or committee;
- understanding of special educational needs/safeguarding;
- Early years and Primary education.
The most important thing is to have a keen interest in the school and the education of the children it serves with a willingness to play an active part in the Governing Body’s work.
- Attend four LGB meetings per academic year (mainly evenings)
- associated work in-between
- Attend training that is provided by the school
For more information about the school please click hereApply