Value and Payments
- Mainstream primary and secondary schools will receive £80 for each pupil in years reception through to Year 11 – numbers will be based on the 01 October 2020 census.
- Special Schools, Hospital Schools and Alternative Provision will receive £240 for each place for the 2020 to 2021 academic year.
When will we receive the payments?
Payment will be distributed in 3 tranches.
For mainstream schools:
- Autumn 2020: £20. Local authorities paid on 30 September and academies on 8 October.
- Spring 2021: £26.67 per pupil.
- Summer 2021: £33.33.
For Special Schools, Hospital Schools and Alternative Provision:
- Autumn 2020: £35. Local authorities aid on 30 September 2020, Academies on 8 October 2020 and Non-maintained special schools in November 2020.
- Spring 2021: £105 per pupil.
- Summer 2021: £100.
Read more about the funding provision in our blog:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Catch-up premium, written by Financial Governance Manager, Katy Walkden.
How Can Juniper Help?
Coaching Conversations: Our hour-long structured conversations for school leaders, or senior leadership teams, will help you reflect on your use of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Catch-Up Premium. The conversation will consider both strategic and practical implications of using this additional funding to help your pupils catch up for lost learning. These conversations can be a one-off or a series depending on the needs of your school and are delivered remotely using Microsoft Teams.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Catch-Up Premium Review: Led by one of our experienced Education Advisers and following a similar format to a Pupil Premium Grant Review, our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Catch-Up Premium Review will evaluate your plans, spend, communication and impact of this additional funding to provide assurance that it is being been spent in line with DfE guidance. The reviews can be delivered in-school or remotely using Microsoft Teams.