Social, Emotional and Behavioural Needs
”“A common misconception can be that pupils’ wellbeing and social emotional learning is separate from their academic, curriculum-based learning.”EEF, 2020
- What approaches to our pupils social, emotional and behavioural needs are we using to support them to reconnect with their peers and to re-establish positive learning behaviours?
How Can Juniper Help?
Professional Development: Our professional development programme is focused on helping your pupils get back on track. Participants can either join one of our centrally-delivered webinars or you can arrange for one of our expert Education Advisers to deliver whole-school training or staff meetings in the following areas:
- Teaching and Learning Strategies
- Helping Pupils Get Back on Track: Harnessing Metacognition and Self-Regulation Strategies
- Helping Pupils Get Back on Track: Harnessing Collaborative Learning
- Helping Pupils Get Back on Track: Harnessing Effective Feedback
Juniper’s Mobile Professional Development Collection: is a set of over 100 staff development courses for education professionals, designed for on-demand, convenient training. Available offline via the Juniper mobile app or online via the web portal, The Collection Pathways are a cost-effective way of ensuring everyone from trainee teachers to school leaders can access expert training all year long.
- Teaching and Learning: Primary – 100+ Guided Learning Hours of Professional Development for £100 per teacher per year.
- Staff and Pupil Wellbeing – 35+ Guided Learning Hours of Professional Development for £50 per teacher per year.
- Teaching Assistant Development Programme: audits TAs skills and aspirations, then recommends the best courses from the CPD Library to help them develop. £50 per TA per year.
Consultancy: our expert advisers are available to support you and your staff in the following areas, all of which can be delivered in-school or remotely.
- Social, Emotional, Mental Health and Wellbeing: our expert Advisers can support your staff with advice and training in all aspects of SEMH including anxiety, depression, self-harm, bereavement and loss.
- Behaviour Management: our expert Behaviour and Attendance Advisers can support you in all areas of behaviour management, from strategic to operational.
- Reading for Pleasure Review: expert Librarians from our Education Resources team can support you by reviewing how well your school encourages reading for pleasure by focusing on where you are now, where you would like to be, and how you can get there.
Resources: we don’t need to tell you how important parents are in supporting pupils’ wellbeing. Providing resources that parents can use at home serves two purposes – supporting pupils’ learning and opening-up conversations.
- Juniper Book Award: Designed to inspire reading for pleasure, The Juniper Book Awards are open to all primary schools (Years 5 and 6) and secondary schools (Years 7 to 9). Pupils are invited to read six shortlisted books and judge which one they consider to be the best.
- Reading Road Map: The Reading Road Map in an initiative that has been created to help encourage children to develop a new passion for reading. It is a tool for children, parents and educators to recommend different up to date books, authors and genres.
- Juniper’s Mobile Home Learning Collection: is a set of over 100 resources for parents and carers of primary-age and secondary-age children and young people which aim to build stronger home-school links by supporting academic learning and personal development. Available offline via the Juniper mobile app or online via the web portal, The Home Learning Collection is a cost-effective way of ensuring children have access to high quality learning resources.
- Home Learning: Primary – 100+ Guided Learning Hours of Home Learning Resources for £100 per pupil per year.
- Home Learning: Secondary – 100+ Guided Learning Hours of Home Learning Resources for £100 per student per year.
- Phonics for Parents: This resource is designed for parents and guides them through the basics of phonics including terminology, progression and reading with their child. You can use it for a parent meeting or send it to parents for use at home. Phonics for Parents is a companion piece to Juniper Education’s Professional Development Meeting on Teaching Phonics.