Book of the Week
Key Stage 1
Author – Sue Hendra
Illustrator – Paul Linnet
Publisher – Simon and Schuster Ltd
Paperback – 9780857074478
eBook – 9781471122255
Meet Supertato! He’s always there for you when the chips are down. He’s the superhero with eyes everywhere – but now there’s a pea on the loose. A very naughty pea. Has Supertato finally met his match?
A hilarious start to the Supertato series and extremely popular for all ages.
Upper Key Stage 2
My Brother is a Superhero
Author – David Solomons
Publisher – Nosy Crow
Paperback – 9780857634795
eBook – 9780857634801
Luke is a comic mad eleven-year-old who shares his treehouse with a geeky older brother. Luke’s only mistake is to go for a wee at the wrong time.
While he’s gone, an alien gives his undeserving never-read-a-comic-in-his-life brother superpowers and tells him to save the universe.
Winner of the 2016 Waterstones Children’s book prize, the first in a series and laugh-out-loud humour. What’s not to enjoy?
Website of the Week
Artefact of the Week
An Ancient Greek mask of Heracles wearing a lion skin. He acquired the skin after successfully completing the first of his twelve labours – the killing of the Lion of Nemea.
Picture/Clip of the Week
Challenge of the Week
Design your own Superhero.
Give him / her a name, superpowers and design what they will wear. Draw a picture of your Superhero or write a description of them.
- Activity Area – Week 1 – Chocolate
- Activity Area – Week 2 – Animals
- Activity Area – Week 3 – Reaching for the Moon
- Activity Area – Week 4 – Space
- Activity Area – Week 5 – The Body
- Activity Area – Week 6 – The Human Body
- Activity Area – Week 7 – Castles
- Activity Area – Week 8 – Castles II
- Activity Area – Week 9 – Growth
- Activity Area – Week 10 – Growth II
- Activity Area – Week 11 – Journeys
- Activity Area – Week 12 – Journeys II
- Parent Timetables for KS1 and KS2